UVC Germicidal technology is one of the most widely used methods of sterilizing air, water and surfaces in various applications around the globe. UVC technology provides safe and effective methods of eradicating bacteria, viruses, and contaminants upon contact in air purification systems, water disinfection systems and surfaces where killing bacteria is vital such as food processing plants, restaurants and grocery stores.
UVC Germicidal lamps are used to purify the air we breathe in many applications and environments, eliminating contaminants and bacteria to keep occupants safe and prevent the spread of disease. UVC technology is used in HVAC systems and air purification systems in several industries to eradicate microorganisms in the air that cause illness and odor. UVC air sterilization is used in the following environments:
- Printing – to clear the air in factories producing volatile organic compounds to keep employees safe
- Healthcare – to keep ill patients, the elderly and those suffering from breathing difficulties from exposure to harmful contaminants. UV air purification is vital in hospitals and doctor offices
- HVAC systems – air purification is used in residential, commercial, industrial and government applications to purify the air we breathe
- Agriculture – eradicating harmful contaminants is beneficial for animals as well as humans in maintaining healthy livestock and living environments
- Industrial – various industrial settings utilizing the power of UVC technology to provide a healthier workplace
UV technology has long been used to disinfect water in various applications, providing safe drinking water to consumers as well as treating water in various other environments worldwide. Some examples of the benefits of UVC water treatment include:
- Aqua Culture – treating the water in a controlled environment allows for healthy farming in fish hatcheries and harvesting of aqua plants and animals free from disease and destructive microorganisms.
- Pools and Spas – UVC technology helps to keep swimmers safe in public pools and spas, providing a highly effective and cost-efficient method of treating water over harmful chemical use such as chlorine.
- Wastewater Treatment – treating water with UVC germicidal technology is highly effective in residential, commercial and municipalities providing safe water for drinking free from harmful contaminants.
- Ballast Water in Ships – with the new Ballast Water Treatment convention going into full force recently in September of 2017, ships are required to treat their ballast water to remove microorganisms that can destroy foreign waters with invasive species. UVC germicidal technology is ideal for treating ships ballast water with effectiveness, a small footprint on small vessels with pellet amalgam technology, and very low maintenance.
UVC germicidal lamps are highly effective at killing bacteria, viruses, fungi and yeast immediately upon exposure, providing safe alternatives to chemical use that may pose more harm than good. Examples of surface disinfection with UVC technology include:
- Food Industry – UVC technology is used in restaurants, food buffets, produce departments, bakeries, meat cases and processing plants to keep food free from disease and contaminants
- Biotech Applications – Sterilization of laboratory equipment is easy and effective with UVC germicidal lamps
- Schools – UVC lamps help to keep students and faculty healthy all year with sterilization of cafeteria surfaces and equipment, and school laboratory settings.
LightSources and our valued partner companies, LightTech, LCD Lighting, Cerlux and Voltarc are recognized as industry leaders in fluorescent and ultraviolet technology including the highest performing UVC germicidal lamps available today. Contact us to learn more about our UV solutions for all germicidal applications.