Ultraviolet light is powerful energy that is used in many commercial and industrial applications, with UV ink curing providing many benefits to several processes. UV light causes a photochemical reaction when exposed at the proper wavelength, or nanometer. At the right nanometer (nm), UV light causes the instant drying and curing of inks, coatings and adhesives. This is used to cure ink onto various substrates including paper, plastic, wood and metal.
UV lamps emitting ultraviolet radiation at the 367 nm to 400 nm range are highly effective at curing specialty inks, varnishes, glazes, adhesives and various coatings. UV ink curing systems provide an effective curing process to many industrial applications, including:
- Quick and effective curing of coatings such as glazes, lacquers, varnishes and inks
- Packaging – UV ink curing is used to quickly print onto various packaging material, including corrugated and plastic products
- Marketing – several printing processes use UV ink curing to quickly dry inks on a variety of marketing material. UV ink curing dries fast without evaporation, creating high quality and vibrant ink colors to raise brand awareness
- Automotive – UV ink curing is effective at instantly drying a wide variety of interior and exterior automotive parts and components
- Consumer Electronics – UV ink curing is used for drying which improves adhesion in many electronics and components such as circuit boards, exterior and interior parts
- Aerospace – UV curing provides fast and effective curing of coatings and adhesives to create durable components
- Adhesive Bonding – UV light is used in several industrial applications to improve adhesion and create unbreakable bonding
- Medical – UV energy is also used to sterilize and disinfect medical components
LightSources’ offers UV lamps in low pressure, medium pressure or high-pressure UV radiation, for use in a wide array of processes. Our expert engineers will custom design a lighting solution to provide you with the proper UV lamps for your application.
LightSources and our affiliated companies represent the leading high-tech designers and manufacturers in the lamp industry today. Our products are used world-wide in a multitude of applications and industries such as our UV curing lamps that offer patent-protected, OEM-oriented solutions. Please contact us to learn more about our wide selection of specialty custom and standard lamps.