Medium pressure ultraviolet (MPUV) germicidal lamps and medium pressure high output (MPHO) lamps provide disinfection solutions to many surface disinfection, air purification and water sterilization applications. MPUV lamps provide many benefits to high volume water treatment processes such as in waste water treatment plants and ships’ ballast water treatment systems.
Advantages of MPUV Disinfection Lamps
MPUV germicidal lamps produce significantly more UVC energy over low pressure ultraviolet (LPUV) lamps. This allows for increased flow rate even in compact spaces. MPUV germicidal lamps provide another advantage by emitting polychromatic wavelengths, which means emissions of multiple wavelengths. Polychromatic UVC germicidal lamps are used in advanced oxidation processes (AOPs) which are proven to effectively reduce and remove micro-pollutants such as insecticides, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals from wastewater.
LightSources Offers High Quality Disinfection Lamps
LightSources offers high quality UVC germicidal lamps including MUPV and MPHO lamps designed for specific applications. Our skilled engineers custom design and engineer germicidal lamps to meet your specific application needs. We offer lamps from 100 W per inch to more than 700 W per inch and varying arc lengths anywhere from 2 inches to 85 inches long.
We understand the technology behind ultraviolet lamp design to harness the optimum UV radiation level to meet your application requirements. We offer custom lamp design, specialty phosphor blends, prototype development and full OEM support with just-in-time delivery. Our MPUV lamps are designed with high-quality components and advanced, proprietary technologies including:
- Engineered with a molybdenum foil within a hard quartz capillary, providing a hermetic seal
- Pin electrodes in pure tungsten with an over-wind of throated tungsten
- Fused quartz with an ultra-low water content
- Ceramic or metal with suitable electrical termination to provide effective and safe electrical conductivity
- Each lamp is filled with an inert Argon gas during an exacting process which ensures accurate mercury content and fill pressure
- Full traceability with a unique serial number from start to finish in the production and measurement process
LightSources offers one of the widest selections of germicidal lamps available, designed and engineered with high quality materials and components. We offer custom designed solutions and MPUV lamps backed by a limited warranty. Contact us to learn how to improve your germicidal application with high-quality MPUV and MPHO germicidal lamps.