- Higher UVC Output
- Increased UVC Efficiency
- Universal Mounting (Horizontal, Diagonal or Vertical – No Problem)
- Stable Output in Extreme Ambient Environments
- Low Mercury Environmental Friendly Operation
Both spot and pellet amalgam low pressure germicidal lamps have virtually the same UVC output at the 100% power level. However, at reduced power levels:
- The pellet amalgam lamp provides a 15% higher output at 80% power level.
- The pellet amalgam lamp provides a 30% higher output at 60% power level.
- The reduced power / higher output relationship maintains itself throughout the useful life (16,000 hrs.) of the lamps.
The efficiency of both the spot and pellet lamps are about the same at the 100% power level. At reduced powers levels:
- The pellet amalgam lamp is 7% more efficient at the 80% power level and 5% more efficient at the 60% power level than it is mathematically expected from the respective power level settings.
- The spot amalgam lamp is 6% less efficient at the 80% power level and 13% less efficient at the 60% power level than it is mathematically expected from the respective power level settings.
Extreme ambient temperature conditions and/or high current/high wattage (greater than 300 watts in T6 configuration) operated amalgam lamp designs will lead to a very high glass wall temperature, which results in “spot” distortion and output instability in spot amalgam lamps. LightSources patented pellet amalgam technology locates the low mercury amalgam pellet in the coldest spot possible which is behind the filament and outside the plasma arc stream. The difference results in the pellet amalgam lamp maintaining output stability regardless of lamp orientation (horizontal, diagonal or vertical) or high ambient temperature conditions —- not possible with spot amalgam technology!
Finally, pellet amalgam germicidal lamps incorporate a “measured low dose” mercury pellet, that when compared to liquid mercury dosed spot amalgam lamps, is significantly more environmentally friendly and ecology “green”.
LightSources, together with our affiliated companies, represent the foremost high-tech designers and manufacturers in the lamp industry today. LCD Lighting, our leading affiliate in fluorescent lamps has designed and manufactured thousands of custom fluorescent lamps for virtually every type of OEM lighting application. Contact us to learn more about our exclusive fluorescent light technology.